28 from 19 European countries and 1 member from outside Europe
- Bontems, Patrick (Belgium)
- Browaldh, Lars (Sweden)
- Cadranel, Samy (Belgium)
- Casswall, Thomas (Sweden)
- Chong, Sonny (UK)
- Dolinsek Jernej (Serbia)
- Hanssen, Richard (UK)
- Iwanczak, Barbara (Poland)
- Kalach_Nicolas (France)
- Kindermann, Angelika (The Netherlands)
- Koletzko, Sibylle (Germany)
- Kori Michal (Israel)
- Lopes, Ana Isabel (Portugal)
- Martinez Gomez, Maria Jose (Spain)
- Matjaž Homan (Slovenia)
- Mégraud, Francis (France)
- Meltem, Korkut Ugras (Turkey)
- Misak, Zrinjka (Croatia)
- Miele, Erasmo (Italy)
- Oderda, Josetta (Italy)
- Papadopoulou, Alexandra (Greece)
- Pehlivanoglu, Ender (Turkey)
- Queiroz, Dulciene Maria de (Brazil)
- Rogalidou, Maria (Portugal)
- Roma, Eleftheria (Greece)
- Rowland, Marion (Ireland)
- Schwarzer, Andrea (Germany)
- Sykora, Josef (Czech Republic)
- Thomas, Julian (UK)
- Urruzzuno, Pedro (Spain)
- Veres, Gábor (Hungary)
- Yahav, Jacob (Israel)
The Helicobacter pylori Infection WG was founded 1997 by the members of the European Study Group on Helicobacter pylori (ESHP) Francis Mégraud (microbiologist), Colm O’Morain (adult gastroenterologist) and Samy Cadranel (pediatric gastroenterologist) as “pediatric task force on H. pylori infection”. The group meets annually for a 1,5 days meeting before the European Congress on Helicobacter pylori. In 2007 the group members voted to become officially a WG of ESPGHAN.
Projects and other activity:
Several multicenter diagnostic and treatment studies have been performed and published by the group. A registry has been established for the surveillance of antibiotic resistance and success of different treatment regimens in children with H. pylori infection living in Europe and Israel.
Report from meeting in June 2014, Jerusalem, Israel:
Last Meeting: in Munich, October 28-29, 2014
Next Meeting: in Amsterdam, May 2015
- Registry for antibiotic resistance in Europe (Lead: S. Koletzko, A. Schwarzer), registry started September 2013
- Pilot study for bismuth therapy in children (Lead: S. Cadranel)
- Probiotics to improve tolerability and eradication rate of H. pylori infection (Lead: M. Homan)
- Preparation of the ESPGHAN/ NASPGHAN Guidelines on H. pylori infection (update 2015, publication January 2016)
Publications 2010 – 2015:
- Koletzko S, Jones NL, Goodman KJ, Gold B, Rowland M, Cadranel S, Chong S, Colletti RB, Casswall T, Elitsur Y, Guarner J, Kalach N, Madrazo A, Megraud F, Oderda G: Evidence-based guidelines from ESPGHAN and NASPGHAN for Helicobacter pylori infection in children. J PediatrGastroenterolNutr 2011; 53(2):230-243.
- Schwarzer A, Urruzuno P, Iwanczak B, Martinez-Gomez M, Kalach N, Roma-Giannikou E, Liptay S, Bontem P, Buderus S, Wenzl T, Koletzko S: New Effective Treatment Regimen for Children Infected With a Double-resistant Helicobacter pylori Strain. J PediatrGastroenterolNutr 2011; 52(4):424-428.
- Koletzko S, Schwarzer A, Bontem P, Kalach N: Authors' Response. J PediatrGastroenterolNutr 2011; 53(4):468-469.
- Kalach N, Bontems P, Koletzko S, Mourad-Baars P, Shcherbakov P, Celinska-Cedro D, Iwanczak B, Gottrand F, Martinez-Gomez MJ, Pehlivanoglu E, Oderda G, Urruzuno P, Casswall T, Lamireau T, Sykora J, Roma-Giannikou E, Veres G, Wewer V, Chong S, Charkaluk ML, Megraud F, Cadranel S: Frequency and risk factors of gastric and duodenal ulcers or erosions in children: a prospective 1-month European multicenter study. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 22(10):1174-1181
- Bontems P, Kalach N, Vanderpas J, Iwanczak B, Casswall T, Koletzko S, et al. Helicobacter pylori Infection in European children with gastro-duodenal ulcers and erosions. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2013 Dec;32(12):1324-9.
- Schwarzer A, Bontems P, Urruzuno P, Kalach N, Iwanczak B, Roma-Giannikou E, Sykora J, Kindermann A, Casswall T, Cadranel S, Koletzko S. Sequential Therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection in children: not the answer to the problem. submitted.