Purpose of Awards
To support expenses for Young Investigators who are ESPGHAN Members (including Allied Health Professionals, Trainees and Scientists) who have had an abstract accepted for presentation at the World Congress. The grant will be up to €1,000, and may vary depending on the number of applicants and if the applicant has received a grant before. The award can be used to cover registration, accommodation at the conference and/or return transport to the conference, up to the value of the award.
- Applicants should be ESPGHAN Members based within Europe
- Medically qualified applicants should be in a training position, i.e. have not qualified in paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition, nor have achieved a staff position.
- Medically qualified applicants should have spent less than 10 years in specialist training. Allowance will be made for breaks in training (eg military service, pregnancy).
- Applicants should not be well established funded researchers.
- All applicants should be the person presenting the original work (oral or poster presentation) and this will be checked in the programme.
- All applicants should be sponsored with a letter from a full member in good standing (i.e. without any outstanding dues) of the Society.
- All applicants should declare if they have applied for grants elsewhere.
- Full ESPGHAN members are not eligible for this award, but other membership categories may apply if they fulfil the other criteria.
- Applicants who have received three previous awards are not eligible.
- Only applicants based within Europe are eligible for the award.
- The treasurer will decide on the available budget and hence the number of awards that can be provided with the approval of council.
- In case the number of applications exceeds the number of awards available, the treasurer may at his/her discretion either select from those applications that fulfil all criteria on a first come first serve basis (but may give priority to applicants that are in particular need e.g. from low income countries), or may adjust funding to maximise attendance. Those who have received one or two awards previously may be given a reduced award.
- All applicants should submit a short CV with their application and send the complete application to the ESPGHAN Association Management Office for the attention of the Treasurer prior to the deadline for applications which will be set at least 1 month prior to the Annual Meeting.
- For reimbursement, the Treasurer (via Association Management Office) must receive the air or train ticket, the hotel bill and a copy of the receipt of the registration fee.
Application forms to be sent by email to email@example.com
Application will open in 2020