Application and selection process
- Complete application must be sent to ESPGHAN office and the following will apply:
- Completed and signed application form
- Support letter from an ESPGHAN member in a good standing (or AHP member in good standing for AHP applicants)
- Proof of abstract selection for presentation, confirming applicant as first (main) presenter
- Applicant current CV
Application Deadline: The application deadline will be set at least 2 months prior to the UEG Week and announced on ESPGHAN website and in the ESPGHAN Newsletter.
Selection Criteria: Those who have received one or two awards previously or who live from regions close to the conference may receive a reduced award due to lower travel costs. In case the number of applications exceeds the number of awards available, the treasurer may at his/her discretion either select from those applications that fulfil all criteria on a first come first serve basis (but may give priority to applicants that are in particular need e.g. from low income countries), or may adjust funding to maximise attendance.
- The process is coordinated by the ESPGHAN Treasurer
- ESPGHAN Council will review the applications independently.
- The applicant will receive notification no later than 2 weeks after application deadline