- The selection Committee consists of 9 members, including the following:
1. President (Chair of Selection Committee)
3. Education Secretary
4. Chairs of the three Committees of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, or deputies nominated by the respective chairs
5. Three members, outside of the Council and the Committees, one selected by each Committee for three years Members will not participate in the evaluation of an applicant if they work at the same institution as an applicant or have an obvious conflict of interest.
- The nominations will be reviewed by this Selection Committee.
- Each member of the Selection Committee is asked to score all applications and to submit the scores to the ESPGHAN Office (unless otherwise decided).
- Scores will be compiled, and the results be made available to all members of the Selection Committee prior to a phone conference of the Selection Committee where the strengths and weaknesses of applications considered worthy for the award will be discussed, and consensus on the selection will be sought. If consensus cannot be achieved, a majority decision will be taken. The selection should commence after to the winter Council meeting, where the nominees will be discussed and approved.
- Deadline for finalisation of scoring will be March 31st
Those nominations considered worthy but not selected will be retained for consideration in the successive award selection procedures for three years, inclusive of the year of submission (three years of consideration in total).
- The followings will be reviewed for all nominations:
- Outstanding scientific achievements related to paediatric gastroenterology and/or hepatology, and/or nutrition, usually documented by the candidate’s publication and citation record.
- Outstanding contributions to the standards, practice and training in the fields of paediatric gastroenterology and/or hepatology and/or nutrition.
- Outstanding contributions to ESPGHAN as a society
- Personal integrity