Application and selection Process
Please be aware that your abstract notifcation letter is an essential part of the application and therefore, applications received without this letter will not be considered.
Complete applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application documents have to be submitted in one email. Applications spread over multiple emails cannot be considered.
- Completed and signed application form
- Support letter from one of the following sponsors in good standing:
- ESPGHAN Full Member
- ESPGHAN senior Corresponding Member
- a senior member of any FISPGHAN Society
- Proof of abstract selection for presentation, confirming applicant as first (main) presenter
- Applicant current CV
Please note: the sponsor letter should be included in the application documents sent by the applicant. Due to the high volume of emails related to this award we ask for your understanding that we cannot accept incomplete applications or applications spread over multiple emails.
Selection Criteria: Those who have received one or two awards previously or who live from regions close to the conference may receive a reduced award due to lower travel costs. In case the number of applications exceeds the number of awards available, the treasurer may at his/her discretion either select from those applications that fulfil all criteria on a first come first serve basis (but may give priority to applicants that are in particular need e.g. from low income countries), or may adjust funding to maximise attendance.
- Complete applications will be reviewed by the ESPGHAN Office and the ESPGHAN Treasurer in a first round
- ESPGHAN Council will then review the applications independently
- The applicant will be notified on the outcome of their application approx. 4 days before the Early Bird Deadline of the ESPGHAN Annual Meeting.