- Subscription to JPGN hard copies and online
- Subscription to electronic ESPGHAN newsletters
- Reduced registration fees for the ESPGHAN Annual Meetings and associated privileges, such as attendance to the Members’ Dinner and access to the ESPGHAN Lounge
- Access to ESPGHAN research grants and awards
- Access to the Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Committees and their outcomes
- Access to the ESPGHAN Working and Special Interest Groups meetings and collaborations
- Access to ESPGHAN network
- Possibility to take part to educational events
- Voting rights for ESPGHAN official positions (new members, council positions) and at ESPGHAN AGM
- Ability to sponsor ESPGHAN membership applications
To be eligible for ESPGHAN Full Membership the applicant needs to
- Have at least 5 years Full time post-training experience/employment (or equivalent part time)
- Have an active involvement and significant track record in PGHN
- Reside and work in a European country*
- Submit a complete application through the ESPGHAN Website. Applications sent by email cannot be considered.
*List of eligible countries here
Application and selection process
Applications must be submitted online through the ESPGHAN Website (see JOIN NOW below). A complete application must include:
- Current CV: The CV should include information on current career status, years spent in PGHN, publications, documentation of clinical and/or research work in PGHN.
- Recommendation letter: The support letter should be from an ESPGHAN Full or Emeritus member in good standing and not currently serving on Council. AHP Members and Trainee Members are not entitled to support membership applications.
Supporting documents (CV and support letter) will be submitted to members for voting. Please make sure to omit data you do not wish to share with the membership.
All applications will be reviewed by the ESPGHAN Office in a first step before being passed on to Council Review and membership Voting.
An outcome for the first annual intake (deadline March 31) is expected at the end of June with membership becoming active on July 1st. For the second annual intake (deadline September 30), an outcome is expected at the end of December with membership becoming active on January 1st.
Cessation of membership
Membership will cease in the following circumstances
- 3 consecutive years of non-payment of membership fees (If a debarred Member wishes to re-join the society, all previous outstanding dues will need to be settled)
- conduct which is prejudicial to the welfare, purpose or reputation of the Society
Please contact the ESPGHAN Office at email@example.com should you have any question concerning your application.