Application and selection process
Complete application must be sent to ESPGHAN Office and the following will be requested:
- A letter of intent including a brief description of the planned project / visit
- A current CV
- A confirmation letter issued by the visited Institution and signed by the supervisor in the visited centre. This should confirm the dates and aims of the visit.
Application Deadline: December 31 of the year preceding that of the Grant (the deadline can be extended with the accord of the Council).
Selection criteria: ESPGHAN wishes to promote the learning of any techniques / expertise not available in the “home” institution. Examples include: an exchange visit to acquire specific diagnostic / therapeutic endoscopy skills, to learn a relevant laboratory technique, to learn how to set up / provide a specific service model (e.g. impedance, manometry, national registry or biobank).
- The process is coordinated by the ESPGHAN Treasurer
- ESPGHAN Council will review the applications independently. Applications will be considered at the Winter Council Meeting of the Society and the Grant will be awarded following this Meeting.
- The applicant will receive notification no later than eight weeks after application deadline