- Subscription to JPGN hard copies and online
- Subscription to electronic ESPGHAN newsletters
- Reduced registration fees for the ESPGHAN Annual Meetings and associated privileges, such as attendance to the Members’ Dinner and access to the ESPGHAN Lounge
- Access to ESPGHAN research grants and awards
- Access to the ESPGHAN AHP Committee and its outcomes
- Access to ESPGHAN and ESPGHAN AHP Network
- Access to the ESPGHAN Working and Special Interest Groups meetings and collaborations
- Possibility to take part to educational events
To be eligible for ESPGHAN Allied Health Professional Membership the applicant needs to
- Be member of medically related professions allied to Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology or Nutrition (PGHN). This includes, but is not limited to, dietitians, nurses, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, and researchers involved in PGHN.
- Practice/reside in a European country*
- Submit a complete application through the ESPGHAN Website. Applications sent by email cannot be considered.
*List of eligible countries here
AHP members can convert to Full membership by fulfilling the requirements as defined in the Full membership section.
Application and selection process
Application must be submitted online via ESPGHAN Website (see JOIN NOW below). This must include:
- Current CV: The CV should include information on current career status, years spent in PGHN, publications, documentation of clinical and/or research work in PGHN.
- Recommendation letter: The support letter should be from an ESPGHAN Full, Emeritus senior or senior AHP members in good standing and not currently serving on Council.
Supporting documents (CV and support letter) will be submitted to members for voting. Please make sure to omit data you do not wish to share with our members.
Applicants for AHP membership (only) may contact the ESPGHAN Office should they be unable to find a sponsor.
All applications will be reviewed by the ESPGHAN Office in a first step before being passed on to Council Review and membership Voting.
An outcome for the first annual intake (deadline March 31) is expected at the end of June with membership becoming active on July 1st. For the second annual intake (September 30), an outcome is expected at the end of December with membership becoming active on January 1st.
Cessation of membership
Membership will cease in the following circumstances
- 3 consecutive years of non-payment of membership fees (If a debarred Member wishes to re-join the society, all previous outstanding dues will need to be settled)
- conduct which is prejudicial to the welfare, purpose or reputation of the Society
Please contact the ESPGHAN Office at email@example.com should you have any question concerning your application.