- Subscription to JPGN hard copies and online
- Subscription to electronic ESPGHAN newsletters
- Reduced registration fees for the ESPGHAN Annual Meetings and associated privileges, such as attendance to the Members’ Dinner and access to the Young ESPGHAN Lounge
- Access to ESPGHAN research grants and awards
- Access to the Young ESPGHAN Committee and its outcomes
- Access to the ESPGHAN Working and Special Interest Groups meetings and collaborations
- Access to ESPGHAN and Young ESPGHAN Networks
- Possibility to take part to educational events
To be eligible for ESPGHAN Trainee Membership the applicant needs to
- Have less than 5 years’ experience in PGHN
- Be under the age of 40 years old. Special dispensation can be considered for applicants starting training at a later stage in life
- Reside and work in a European country*
- Submit a complete application through the ESPGHAN Website. Applications sent by email cannot be considered.
*List of eligible countries here
Trainee membership lasts up to five years; after this period, Trainee members need to apply for Full or Corresponding Membership to remain members of the Society.
Application and selection process
Application must be submitted online via ESPGHAN Website (see JOIN NOW below). This must include:
- Current CV: The CV should include information on current career status, years spent in PGHN, publications, documentation of clinical and/or research work in PGHN.
- Recommendation letter: The support letter should be from an ESPGHAN Full or Emeritus member in good standing and not currently serving on Council. AHP Members and Trainee Members are not entitled to support membership applications.
Supporting documents (CV and support letter) will be submitted to members for voting. Please make sure to omit data you do not wish to share with our members.
All applications will be reviewed by the ESPGHAN Office in a first step before being passed on to Council Review and membership Voting.
An outcome for the first annual intake is expected at the end of June with membership becoming active on July 1st. For the second annual intake, an outcome is expected at the end of December with membership becoming active on January 1st.
Cessation of membership
Membership will cease in the following circumstances
- 3 consecutive years of non-payment of membership fees (If a debarred Member wishes to re-join the society, all previous outstanding dues will need to be settled)
- conduct which is prejudicial to the welfare, purpose or reputation of the Society
Please contact the ESPGHAN Office at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any question concerning your application.