- A European network of Paediatric Gastroenterologists, hepatologists and nutritionists; allied health professionals and trainees who promote and encourage scientific exchange
- Access to the Committees and Working Groups and their outcomes
- Journal of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - Online and Print Copies
- Reduced rates to attend the ESPGHAN Annual Meeting, and the opportunity to receive an ESPGHAN Young Investigator Travel Award if you have an accepted abstract
- Opportunity to get grants for research, courses and travel
- Participation in training and research courses such as the ESPGHAN Summer Schools and Young Investigator
- Opportunity to participate as faculty in ESPGHAN postgraduate activities
- Potential to become a reviewer for JPGN
- The Society consists of full, corresponding, trainee, allied-health professional and emeritus members. Members must have an active interest in paediatric gastroenterology and/or hepatology or nutrition (PGHN).
- Proposals for all categories of membership should be made in writing to the General Secretary by March 31 or September 30, supported in writing by a full or emeritus member in good standing, who is not serving at that time on the Council. Each proposal shall be accompanied by the curriculum vitae and list of publications of the candidate, and a meaningful documentation of the clinical and/or research work in PGHN.
- Trainee members shall be members with less than 10 years’ experience in PGHN; trainee membership lasts up to five years; after that period, to remain in the Society, trainee members should apply for full membership. An age limit for applicants of forty years old will be applicable. Special dispensation will be given for applicants who began their training at a later stage.
- The Council will have the duty to consider all applications, and to give the AGM details of those candidates whom they recommend for membership. The AGM has final and supreme decision over the admission of a member, without having to justify any refusal. The numbers of members shall be limited as decided by the AGM.
- If a member's annual subscription lapses for three consecutive years, the question of continuation of membership will be decided by the Council.
- A member whose conduct is prejudicial to the welfare, purpose or reputation of the Society can be excluded from the Society without explanation by decision of the AGM upon proposal by the Council.