Five awards were made of €50.000 each to the following;
- Birgitta Strandvik with 4 collaborating centres: Double-blind randomized controlled study of fatty acid supplementation for 1 year in patients with cystic fibrosis – Influence on clinical status and metabolism.
- Marina Aloi with 21 collaborating centres: The Porto IBD Group Biobank and database for clinical and basic research in pediatric inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Michiel Paul van Wijk with 14 collaborating centres: An online database and analysis platform to study pediatric esophageal motility disorders - Building a network to facilitate international multi-center research” accept and agree to abide by the above conditions.
- Valerie Mc Lin, with 23 collaborating centres: International Registry of Congenital Porto-systemic Shunts (IRCPSS).
- Caterina Strisciuglio with 6 collaborating centres: Diet and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in children and adolescents in the Mediterranean countries.