Purpose and scope
To support expenses for Young Investigators (including Allied Health Professionals, Trainees and Scientists) who have had an abstract accepted for presentation at the 2020 WCPGHAN in Copenhagen. The grant will be up to EUR 1.000,00, and may vary depending on the number of applicants, if the applicant comes from the conference host country, from outside Europe or a low income country (list of low income countries available on www.who.int/hinari/eligibility/en). The award can be used to cover registration, accommodation and/or return transport to the conference, up to the value of the award.
General terms and conditions
- Medically qualified applicants should be in a training position, i.e. have not qualified in paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition, nor have achieved a staff position.
- Medically qualified applicants should have spent less than 10 years in specialist training. Allowance will be made for breaks in training (e.g. military service, pregnancy/maternity leave).
- Applicants should not be well established funded researchers.
- All applicants should be the person presenting the original work (oral or poster presentation) - this information will be checked against the author index.
- All applicants should be supported with a letter from a member of any FISPGHAN Society.
- All applicants should declare if they have applied for grants elsewhere.
- Full members of any FISPGHAN Society are not eligible for this award, but other membership categories may apply if they fulfil the criteria.
- Applicants from regions close to the conference may receive a reduced award due to lower travel costs.
- ESPGHAN and FISPGHAN will decide on the final available budget and the number of awards to be provided.
- In case the number of applications exceeds the number of awards available, ESPGHAN and FISPGHAN may at their discretion either select from the applications that fulfil all criteria on a first come first serve basis (but may give priority to applicants in particular need e.g. low income countries), or may adjust funding to maximise attendance.
- All applicants should send a short CV and letter of support of a FISPGHAN related society member together with their application form to the ESPGHAN Office prior to the deadline for applications which will be set at least 1 month prior to the Annual Meeting. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted for consideration.
- For the reimbursement, the ESPGHAN Office needs to receive a copy of all related travel tickets, hotel bills and receipt of the registration fee after the congress; and awardees must have signed the register list at ESPGHAN booth during the Congress (as proof of attendance).
Amount: up to EUR/USD 1.000,00